Monday, August 1, 2011

Changes are a brewin'

So, things are changing again. Didn't someone once say, "The only thing you can count on is change?" (Ha ha. That's punny. 'Cause you count change. Ha ha.) (Okay. I think I'm funny. You don't have to agree.)

We've lived here in our own home for almost a year now. And we are moving. Hubby's job is requiring a relocation. To his hometown. So, we will be finding a renter for our house and moving in with his parents. I never in a million years pictured something like this, but meh. It is what it is. I actually really like my in-laws, so it's not as horrifying a prospect as you might think. The thing that I am saddest about is leaving my own house. And my garden. The garden is almost more sad than the house.

We have one month from today before we have to be all settled into our new situation. And there is a ton of stuff to do to get us there. We have to clean out the house. Clean out space in the in-laws house. Find a renter. Fix up some little stuff in the house that we've been putting off, like adding gutters. And still do all the other stuff that usually comes with our day. I feel like I'm swimming through deep waters without a scuba.

So, if things are spotty, or there is absolutely no writing news from me, that's why. I'll be here, staying afloat, just trying to get everything done. And it will be good. At some point.

What's challenging you today, friends?

10 comments:

Krista Van Dolzer said...

That is a big change, Kayeleen, and a long to-do list. It's good that you like your in-laws, but like you said, it's hard to leave your own place. Where exactly do the in-laws live?

Wishing you the very best. You'll have to let us know when you're all settled.

Sarah said...

Wow, that is a lot to do, and a lot of change to process. Good luck with all of it--I hope that everything falls into place for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you definitely will be busy. Moving is a challenge, for sure. The only thing challenging me is my short attention span. Good luck getting ready to move!

Sarah Tokeley said...

I don't envy you the upheaval. All the very best with your move.

Wendy@FabNouveau said...

Ok kayeleen, the two of is must just need to hang there. At least you don't need a Visa where you're going. You still in the same country.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

As someone who made two big moves in the past 10 months I feel your pain. Moving is so much work! So hang in there! I hope things go as smoothly as possible.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Wow, good luck!

Jennifer E. McFadden said...

Oh, I feel for you! I moved from from Western PA to Houston two years ago...and the worst part was leaving my house (actually my two acres of land).

Where are you moving to?

Cynthia DiFilippo Elomaa said...

Good luck with the move and try not the stress, although you will, we all do. Patience, it will all get done. We will all be here when you get back. :-)

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Good luck!! I hope the move goes smoothly! We lived with my in-laws for a while. It wasn't too bad. Granted, we had an apartment in their basement, so we had our own space. Good luck!!