Thursday, November 1, 2012

NOVEMBER!!!!!!

Well, I'm trying something out. It's been a while since I had a regular writing routine. And I've done NaNoWriMo in the past. And I'm really interested in trying to get back to a writing routine. So, in that spirit, I'm going to be doing my own version of NaNoWriMo. I'm seriously doubting my ability to be the mom of 4 kids, keep my house from being overwhelmed by the chaos, still do my at home job, and write 2000 words a day. (That's my own usual nano thing, since I choose not to write on Sundays.)

So, here we are. I'm going to try to get at least 500 words in Monday through Saturday. I've got two different shiny ideas plaguing me, so we'll see which one wins out. I'm hoping to start each writing day with a blog post, so watch for more from me this month.

5 comments:

Tonja said...

I think getting in the habit of writing regularly is the idea of the thing. Good luck! I'm going to try to write a chapter a day as early in the morning as I can. And I'm going to ask for help with the dishes.

Beth said...

Hey, I tried to contact you more than a week ago but I don't see my comment, so maybe it didn't go through. You won that stack of books on my blog. If you are still interested please send me an email to bethfred08(at)gmail.com by Friday.

Thanks! And good luck with nano!

Unknown said...

This is a good idea, Kayeleen! I have wanted to try this, but sometimes it is impossible!! I usually use my phone to write bits and pieces of my book and e-mail it to myself. I feel like I get just a little bit accomplished, even if it is just a few lines!

Stina said...

I think your goal is the best way to go. It's manageable, which means you'll succeed. I used work in a fitness center (two actually), and I could always predict which people wouldn't last long after New Years Eve. They tried to do too much at once and burned out too quickly.

Lydia Kang said...

Good luck on the schedule! I've never done NaNo, but having a schedule does help me write, in general.