Thursday, May 8, 2014

Writing groups

Since I moved in January, I've had a hard time getting back into writing. I have to find time in a new routine. I don't have built in baby sitting like I used to. I am much more on the go with driving kids to and from and trying to keep kids active and involved.

All this to say, writing hasn't really happened. Sometimes, I find myself wondering if writing will ever happen again. Or if I'm really a writer at all, since I'm not actively writing.

But, I'm part of a writing group again. And hopefully, that will motivate me to get back on the writing horse.

What have you done to be more active in writing after a long break?

2 comments:

Myrna Foster said...

I tell a writing friend that I'm writing again, and they help keep me to it. But for me, the hardest part is starting up again. Once I start, it's easier to keep going.

Unknown said...

I hear your pain. I have 3 kids that keep me busy taxiing them all around town during the evenings and schools that suck up my time during the day. As for writing, I am not disciplined enough to write everyday. I do, however, switch between dry spells and you-can't-get-me-off-the-computer spells. In the end, it's all good. Do what works for you.