Friday, February 25, 2011

A catch-all

I can't even manage to blog three times a week. In my defense, there were major family emergencies involving loss of sleep and other strange things. (Don't worry, everyone. We are all fine. Hubby had a kidney stone and was pretty much incapacitated for several days. He's doing a lot better.)

The shiny idea is starting to take shape a little better. It's a really great idea, if I do say so myself. It's especially nice to have my little girl in a better pattern and less in need of constant holding. YAY! I may actually be able to get back into this writing thing and make it a regular part of my day, after all. I was seriously beginning to wonder if it would happen.

In other news, I've been reading like crazy in the holding the girl moments. I finally finished "Across the Universe" by Beth Revis. LOVED. Seriously great book. Also, read a series of books by Robin Wasserman, the Skinned Trilogy. Interesting concept. Kind of a dystopian that's similar to another book that I loved, "The Adoration of Jenna Fox" by Mary Pearson. Good, quick read. And now, I've picked up "Uglies" by Scott Westerfield. That's been in my TBR pile forever and it's as goo as every one said it was. Loving it so far.

So, friends, what are you reading now? Any thing I should add to my list?

No comments: