It's been a hard couple of days at my house on several levels. a few highlights include losing a major chunk of my rewrite in some kind of freak computer glitch, a little boy who nearly got pneumonia (curse you RSV), and a few other unexpected setbacks. I have to admit to a very bad attitude. Okay. I was pretty much despondent for a day or so. I didn't know how to get out of my little funk. In talking to my mother, she said, "Maybe you should think about what you are grateful for instead of what is going wrong." She's a smart woman sometimes. So, in no particular order, a few things I'm grateful for.
1. My husband. What a trouper. He deals with me in my bad moods and that's no easy task. And he works hard to help my family. Even when he doesn't want to.
2. My kids. All three of them. Even when it means I am short on sleep or cleaning up the living room for the 6th time today, I'm happy to be a mom. They are cute. They smile and the world is better.
3. My talents. There are a lot of them. Mus32qic. Writing. Dancing. Just to name a few.
4. My house. It's my house. We bought it. I can paint the walls or plant trees or whatever. It's mine.
5. My education. I'm really lucky to have finished college. And have a lot of things to contribute to the world because I've learned so many cool things.
That's it for now, but next time I'm feeling blue, I'm going to think about what I have to be grateful for.
How about you, friends. What are you grateful for today?