Monday, June 13, 2011

My first Blogfest!!!!

Update: If you have been directed to this page from someone else's blog, please click through to my post that can be found here.

So, I was talking to Krista at Mother. Write. Repeat. and the topic of why I write came up. I had what felt like a pretty authentic, good reason to write. And not just to write, but to write the things I do. It got me to thinking. Why do other people write? What inspired them? All of which leads to this:

Photobucket

I want to hear why you write. Let's all talk about it on Wednesday, June 29. Sign up in the list below, grab the widget from my sidebar and post it on your blog and share it with your friends. At the end of the blogfest, I'll choose a random winner from the participants for a special prize! What are you waiting for, friends? (if you are reading in a reader, you'll probably have to click through to sign up. Sorry about that.)

23 comments:

Sierra Gardner said...

I'll have to think about what to say - there are so many reasons!

Kristi said...

Congrats on your first blogfest!

I can't wait to check out everyone's answers, count me in!

FUN!!!

M Pax said...

I'm in! Will give this fest a plug on my blog.

M Pax said...

OK, got it in for next Monday.

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Oh, Kayeleen, I'm not sure I can! I'm running a pretty massive contest that week on my blog. Maybe I'll have to jump in a week late...

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Sounds fun, I'm in!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

I was just thinking about this today, so it's a good time to write it down.

Plus I am hosting my first blogfest, too...
AND we have the exact same amount of followers...

I think it's a sign :)

Here's mine, if your interested:
http://writingwithshelly.blogspot.com/p/poetry-schmoetry-blogfest_15.html

Tara Tyler said...

found it on mpax =)
looks fun, i'll post it too!

Summer Ross said...

I posted this on my blogfest page.

Precy Larkins said...

Sounds really fun, except I'm going to be out of town. Maybe I'll schedule the post and just try to catch up on everyone else's posts when I can (i.e. Internet connection). Found this blogfest through Tara Tyler's blog. I see Shelly Brown *waves hello*

Sharon - inspiring stories said...

Sounds like an interesting blogfest. I just added my name. I'm running a signed book giveaway at my blog this week if anyone is interested.

Sylvia Ney said...

Sounds like fun!

Beverly Diehl said...

Count Me In! It'll be delightful to bore other writers with why I write, instead of just the family.

Mary Frame said...

Fun! Now to try and figure out how to put this linky-loo on my blog...

jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jan said...

I just want to hear what others have to say about this insanity!

ps: are you related to Shannon Hamblin?

Anonymous said...

This sounds fun! I can't wait until Wednesday!

Is there a word count, because my fingers are happy for some reason and have a lot to write? :)

Linny said...

A first timer for this kind of thing, but happy to give it a go. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of this blogfest. I like the look of your blog :O)

Unknown said...

This one is gonna take some serious thought!

Christine Tyler said...

Already had a post for today...but this looks like too much fun! I'm in!

Alana said...

I finally got this up and posted! Look forward to reading all the other entries! :)

Unknown said...

Okay, I signed up, and hope I wasn't too late. This is a great idea for a blogfest :)