Friday, April 8, 2011

A Flight of Fancy

So, it turns out that having an infant is a really great thing. Not just because of all the inherent joys. (She just learned to roll over! She's 4 months old today and huge!) But also, I am apparently my most creative in the middle of the night. I don't really want to be writing at 3:00 or 5:00, or whenever she happens to wake up for her eating time, but I am having some of the greatest ideas in those awake moments.

Just this morning, while every one else was asleep, I finally solved a pacing/POV problem that has been plaguing this revision. And I'm finally, finally, finally excited about the possibilities presented by redrafting something that hasn't been working. I can't believe I'm excited to start over, almost from scratch (again), but there you have it. And hopefully, this makes the story much stronger, more character driven, and fun to read.

In a completely separate, unrelated note: thoughts on comments. I love to have comments on my blog. I love to make comments on blogs. I love to connect to people. I want to have discussion with the people who come to the blog. I know for myself, I don't generally come back to a blog to check if someone has responded to what I commented unless I'm really interested in the idea.  I try to reply by email to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, but that doesn't include every one. Thoughts on this subject, friends?

To recap, inspiration strikes in the strangest times and places. I like comments. How about you? Ready, discuss!

1 comment:

Myrna Foster said...

I usually resolve plot problems while I'm writing, weeding, or washing the dishes. In other words, I have to be working.

And yes, comments are lovely.