Welcome to the "Laughter is the Best Medicine" Blogfest, hosted by Kydia Kang at The World is my Oyster and Leigh T Moore at That's Write.
Things I never thought I would say, (until I became a mom)
1. Get down off the trash can.
2. Please stop licking the floor/couch, blanket/other inanimate object.
3. Will you just eat the candy instead of carrying it around?
4. Toilet water is not for drinking.
5. Can't my house stay clean for more than 10 minutes at a time?
6. When do I get to sleep?
Things I never thought I would hear until I became a mom:
1. Oldest boy trying to whistle. He says "Woo hoo." In the tone of a whistle.
2. Oldest boy says, "My bum had a big burp" any time he needs to pass gas.
3. 2nd son telling me very matter of factly, "You are my mommy." Yes, son. I am. Thank you for noticing.
4. 2nd son, after going to the fridge and pulling out a container of juice. "I love juice." He then gives it a hug, so the juice feels loved.
5. Oldest boy comes in crying: "Mom, I can't reach the little mirror." (There's a small mirror close to the top of the fridge.) "My arms are too little."
5. 2nd son: Mommy, I need a tissue. Mommy: Why do you need a tissue? 2nd son: I need to get the booger off my finger. *wipes finger in tissue* This is my booger. *beams with pride*
6. My boys love the game "Plants vs. Zombies." They call it the Brain Game (because the zombies say "brains") or the Brain Game Goes to Church (because the Zombies are wearing ties.)
7. Oldest boy, talking to himself: J: "Thank you for helping." J: "Your welcome." J: "Thank you for welcoming."
There's always something to laugh about. And for more to laugh about, check out the other fine blogs in the blogfest. Click here for the linky list.
What are you laughing about today, friends?