Thursday, March 11, 2010

Help Wanted

I have very recently come to the conclusion that I need to find some new beta readers. I've had several people read over the first draft. It's been good to have feedback. Now, I need fresh eyes. Fresh ideas. New perspective to see if where I am heading is a better, more productive direction for this story to go. The problem? I don't have a clue where to find these people. The ones who will be willing to read and critique and, in turn, share their creations with me.

I've never been part of a formal critique group. I'm still new to this writing thing. I've been at it for about 11 months, and entirely in the solitude of my own home. I've swapped with a few people that I met on forums at Nanowrimo.org, but I want something more permanent. And I don't think there are any groups that meet locally in small town Southern Utah that I could join. Any thoughts?

No comments: