Friday, March 5, 2010

A new award!


And the winner was: Me! Of course. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Kristin Rae at Kristin Creative for the award that you see below. She's pretty great and I love reading her blog.

I'd like to pass this award on to: Jennifer Shirk at Me, My Muse and I. Her blog resonates with me. I like it.
And also to Kristen at Take It As It Comes, not just because she gave me my first award, but because she's a great writer.

It's pretty fun to share things about myself, so I'm going to! Have fun with these random factoids.

1. I'm a closet geek. Not even just a nerd. It's full on geekdom. We own Star Trek Scene-It, people. I don't think it gets more geek than that.

2. I also am a closet anime fan. (Ok. A selective closet anime fan.) My husband has introduced me to several series that I would never have watched before, like Naruto. (Don't tell him I secretly enjoy huddling over the computer to watch the newest episode on Hulu. It'll ruin my reputation.)

3. I love Jazz. Especially Jazz with piano. Like Dave Brubeck. Awesome. When I was in DC at the Smithsonian, I spent hours in the wing dedicated to various Jazz musicians.

4. I'm a nut for nuts. Like Pistachios. I think they are just a little piece of heaven.

5. I've had plastic surgery twice. I had a rhinoplasty (nose job) but it didn't change my looks at all. (It was actually all interior work to help me stop having sinus infections. We used a plastic surgeon so I still looked the same.) The other time was liposuction, sort of. They took fat from my thigh and injected it into my cheek. (I got bit by a brown recluse spider and it ate away the fat cells in my cheek so they were filling in a divet.) Kids at my high school called me buttface and spider woman for months.

Well, that's it from me. Have a great weekend. See you all on the flip side.

1 comment:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wow, you ARE a geek. LOL (kidding)

Thanks so much for the award!!! You're super sweet!