Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Probably taking a break

Thank you to everyone for their kind words and thoughts. It's a difficult and strange time at our house. My sister is getting married on Saturday and my uncle's funeral will be Monday.

I must confess to being slightly out of sorts with all the things that are happening this week. I can't seem to put my thoughts in order. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. And it is affecting my ability to write.

Most strange, I am not sad or happy for myself. I am sad for my mom and her siblings and parents. They are all taking it very hard. I am happy for my sister who has waited 30 years to find that perfect someone. And I'm sad for everyone because weddings and funerals shouldn't be mixed like this. My poor mom is stressed out beyond anything I can imagine. She's putting together a wedding, helping to plan a funeral, and trying to finish her Bachelor's degree. One of these things is sure to fall at some point and I don't know which it will be.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I may be pretty quiet in the blogosphere for the next few days while I try to help my family rally through the pending crises. If I can't pull my own thoughts together, I'll be back again next week.

And, in a related note, please consider life insurance. My uncle didn't expect to die and never had any insurance. Now, the family is left with a huge financial burden. Even just a small life insurance policy can give your family some relief in the face of grief.

5 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I'm so sorry for the way things are going in your life right now. Hang in there. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Elana Johnson said...

Your poor mother! *hugs and prayers*

Jody Hedlund said...

Sorry to hear of your loss! Blessings and peace this week.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I'm so sorry to hear about our uncle.
What a stressful time. Take care of yourself.


PS. Just wanted to tell you that I mailed your book out today. Hopefully you'll get it in a few days. :)

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

Thank you for your support and care. It means a lot to me.