Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful Day 1

In the spirit of Thanksgiving (next week! I can't how fast the time is going by!), I am going to make a series of posts about things I'm thankful for. I try to have a balanced life, so most of it won't be writing related. I hope you'll stick around any way, and maybe even share some of the things you are thankful for as well. If you do, please leave me a comment so that I can read it.

*************

Today, I'm thankful for my family. I really feel blessed in this department. I have great parents who always provide a lot of insight and inspiration. I have siblings that I enjoy spending time with. I lived with three of my sisters when we were all in college. Who does that? I do, because my siblings are amazing.

I have amazing in-laws. Hubby's parents have welcomed us into their home when we relocated for his work. They go out of their way to do nice things for me, to give me a break, let me take a nap, watch the kids for short (and sometimes long) periods of time. And hubby's sisters? So much fun to spend time with. I never feel like an outsider. 

I have the cutest, best kids in the whole wide world. They make me laugh. They teach me all kinds of things about life and priorities and all kinds of things. All three of them love me, even when I'm grumpy and busy. And they make the world so much happier. An example (if you'll forgive my self-indulgence.) Middle boy just turned three. Oldest boy is four. I told middle boy I wanted to kiss his forehead. He said, "No, mommy. Brother has a four-head. I have a three-head." What a cutie. 

And I have the most supportive, inspiring husband any girl could ask for. He first encouraged me to write. He is even writing a nanowrimo novel with me, so that we can do it together. He's smart and funny. He encourages me to give myself a break and to be my best self. And I love him like I couldn't imagine loving. I feel truly blessed.

Check back on Wednesday for Thankful Day 2!

2 comments:

Cynthia DiFilippo Elomaa said...

Hang on tight and don't let go. :-)

Krista Van Dolzer said...

I love the four-head/three-head remark! And how cool that the husband's doing NaNo with you. You do indeed have a lot to be thankful for, Kayeleen.

P.S. How is that NaNo project coming?