Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful Day 2

A little late, but once again, the oldest boy has some kind of virus, so lots of snuggling time for us.

Today, I'm thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (or the Mormons). I'm a lifelong, practicing member. We've been in the news a lot lately with Jon Huntsman and Mitt Romney running for president. And with any media exposure, there is controversy.

I'm one person who has a pretty deep spiritual foundation. It influences every aspect of my life. I wouldn't be the cool kid I am without having been a member of the LDS Church. But aside from that, I find great hope and peace in the teachings of the Church. It gives me a lot of strength when times are tough and joy for the good times. I don't want to get all religious preachy or anything like that, so I'm not going to lay out the entire belief system. If you have questions about what I believe or why I believe it, feel free to ask.

What are you thankful for today? Feel free to share a comment, or link to a blog post, if you have one!

1 comment:

Krista Van Dolzer said...

I'm thankful for the Church as well. And for my scriptures. By the time I get to reading them in the early afternoon, I'm usually a little antsy, a little jittery inside, but by the time I finish, I feel centered again.