Monday, February 8, 2010

I love blogging

I have just discovered this about myself. I always thought "you should blog." Because it's something you 'should' do. And I fought against the idea. I started a blog on wordpress once. My husband was doing a collaborative blog with a bunch of his friends and to leave comments, I had to have an account. I wrote 2.5 entries. Very successful. My husband's family started a blog where I was a contributor, but it died out about two years ago after only five entries between four families.

It might be because I really am excited about writing and pursuing my creative streak. I really enjoy having this outlet and ability to connect with people who are doing the same thing I am. There's a sense of community that I don't get just sitting at home with my kids all day. I may never meet any of the people that I have contact with through blogging, but I still relate to them. I know that they can share my frustrations and triumphs. And it makes it so much easier to put myself out there.

When I first started, I had intended to only write once a week or so. And now, I find myself looking forward to the moments I take during the day to blog. It seems like the best way to get my creative juices flowing before I sit down to my manuscript and the vast sea of editing that I am trying to wade through. To all of you who are joining me on this cruise, thanks. It wouldn't be the same without you.

No comments: