Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Today

So, today's task is to clean the house. I know. Really exciting stuff here at my house. I just haven't made a concerted effort to clean the house in a while. I have been doing other stuff, like reading, writing, blogging, etc. I need to get back to the basics for a little bit. I might even work up the gumption to mop the floor in the kitchen. With two toddlers, it gets pretty nasty and I've been putting it off for several weeks.

Balance is something hard. I spent a lot of time working on taxes for this company that I used to work for and neglected my house and writing. Then, I finished the taxes and went straight to my writing, while still neglecting the house. Some day, I will have the whole thing figured out. Maybe by then, my kids will be in school and I won't feel like cleaning house is a losing battle.

In the meantime, I'm going to clean the house today. Maybe by naptime, I will be all done and ready to write again. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

to balance is over time. It doe snot happen daily.

Elana Johnson said...

I clean my house every Monday, then I don't have to do any cleaning (except small stuff like dishes) any other day of the week. Good luck!