Monday, February 22, 2010

Just plain cozy

The weekend brought a lazy, comfortable sort of feeling. It started snowing Friday night and just kept going, off and on. There were moments when the skies were blue and the sun peaked through the clouds. It was beautiful.

There's a mountain behind our house. (Stay with me. It'll make sense in a second.) During one of the off moments for the snow, we went to run the weekend errands. You know the kind. Go to the library. Stop at the store. That kind of thing. Driving back to our house, I looked up at the mountain and it looked like someone had taken powdered sugar and dusted the whole thing. It might have been a green and gray dessert with white powdery goodness on top.

I love snow. Everything becomes a world of white and sparkling crispness. All of the brown, muddy stuff that comes with winter disappears. It feels new and clean. It often surprises me how a few hours can change everything. I sit in my comfy chair with a huge, fluffy blanket and a cup of hot chocolate. The lights are out and the curtains are open. None of the light escapes so everything is glowing. And I feel like I can be just as new and fresh as the snow still sifting down onto the ground outside. It's beautiful to have that starting over again feeling and I hope it stays.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I really wish I liked snow lol... I live in Buffalo so I am surrounded by it like 9 months out of the year. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating. Just a little though ;)

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

I only like snow when I don't have to go out in it. I prefer my snow from the front room with my hot chocolate.